...I learned I was wrong!! I was wrong about the book The Five Love Languages. I was interested in reading it, but I put it in the category of "pop psychology", like "Ten Ways to Improve Your Marriage". (My favorite book on marriage is Gary Thomas's Sacred Marriage... the complete opposite of most marriage books) I finally started reading Love Languages a few days ago, and I have to say, I was wrong! This book includes some very simple yet profound insights into what communicates love!! He gives great suggestions for determining your spouse' love language and how to then speak that language. Yes, some of the book is a bit over-simplified, and I have only read about half so I cannot speak to the latter half, but, I was wrong to dismiss it entirely. I will include some of my favorite quotes with tomorrow's post, or maybe this evening.
On a different note, I just want to publically thank my wonderful husband!! He came home to a pretty grouchy wife, listened to my frustrations... even though I know it is bad to "dump" on your husband first thing... and calmed me down. He was tired from work and not feeling that great, and still worked pretty hard at calming me down in a loving way. He is amazing!!!!
The reason for my grouchiness was my children's reluctance to do their homwork. Any suggestions?? I try to make it fun, we even played "sight-word" hide and seek. Maybe we should have started with that.... I feel so inept in this department... which is why I chose to teach high school and now college, and not elementary!!! I do not know what I am doing!!! Today is a new day... I have a few ideas... hopefully it will go over better this time...
Enjoy your day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment