Reflecting on what I wrote, what I learned was this: Just because I didn't do as well as my sister, doesn't mean that I did something wrong. I was, and still so often do... trying to strive after the wrong model of success. Some may say "be the best Brenda you can be". Yes, there is some truth to this, but it still falls short, it is incomplete. Really, the question is, "Did I bring God glory? Was the end result of that action, that choice, glory given to God, or not?" That is really the crucial mark of success. Nothing else. Nothing else.
Wow, that is so often difficult to remember, or even to measure. Yet, that is the question we must ask ourselves, every day, every moment.
1 comment:
Brenda:
Your are BACK!!!
I have missed your insightful comments.
Your are beautiful and unique.
Love, Poppy
Post a Comment