Thursday, June 14, 2007

#9: Baby Powder is Useful at the Beach....

...but not in the hands of a curious 5 year old!!! Yikes!!!

Here is a funny post to balance #10.

I recently have discovered the benefits of baby powder at the beach. Did you know that if you sprinkle some on wet sandy skin, the sand smooths right off without that scratchy uncomfortable feeling!! Try it!!! But, do not leave it unattended outside your child's bedroom. If you do, make sure her ceiling fan is not spinning at high speed..... because...

Baby Powder is a mess to clean up!!!

We checked in on Anna around 10pm, just before going to bed. Her room smelled like baby powder. Actually, come to think of it, the hallway also smelled of powder. Wait, her entire floor is covered with a light film of power...WHAT DID SHE DO????? I investigated further and found a small pile of power in the corner of her room, my feather duster covered in powder, and then realized that her ceiling fan had been on high... and over 2 hours had passed since I said "Sweet Dreams"!!! Yikes!!! Her story, the next day??? "Well, I wanted to play with the powder, so I made a pile. Then, I wanted to clean it up, but it kept falling over, and....".

After dragging her floor rug into the hallway and removing as much of the powder as I could, I went to bed. The next day, we had the "tell mommy when something like this happens" lecture, that even if she knew she did something wrong, it is worse to not tell mommy. Also we had the lecture about the dangers of baby powder, etc. THREE hours later, her room was clean, organized, and we even got rid of a bit of clutter in the process. A good ending to a frustrating... yet funny... story. I hope you enjoyed this one!!! =)

1 comment:

joysmallpack said...

What?! No pictures of white fairy dust powder all over the place?! :-)