Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Enjoy the story...

Hello dear friends and family.

So often I want to know the end of the story… my attention is fixed on what is going to happen. When Anna was born, I kept wondering what she would be like as an adult, where she would live, what she would be doing. When I was in college I wanted to be married, to have a career, to know what that was like. Soon after I started work I wanted to be at home with children, I wanted to know what that would be like. It was hard to enjoy the process…to enjoy the story. God somehow finds value in this process of life. He is teaching me to enjoy this process. To relax and play with Anna and Dillon, instead of planning for what we would do next. Even when Jesus came to earth, the Jews wanted the end of the story, when He would come in triumph and judge the wicked. That was not God’s agenda. Life is a process, and God wants us to learn from this process. My encouragement to you? Enjoy the story.

I hope you will enjoy hearing our stories, and that you will share some of your own!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,

What an incredible privilege to get to get a peek in to your life as Mom and child of God. Thank you for sharing!

You bless me, friend!

Love,

dina

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,

I am printing off your "blog" for
Mom and Dad and will take it for
them to read as we go to the beach
with them tomorrow. What fun to catch up with our dear ones in CA. Thank for taking the time.
Love and hugs to all.
Aunt Dolores