
...and other workers around the world.
Today my sister left for South Asia to begin her work in linguistics. I was so excited that this vision she has treasured for so many years is finially becoming a reality!! Yet I am going to miss her!!! So today I begun my class at Biola...(for those of you who do not know, I teach two math classes on Tues and Thurs at Biola) with a heart heavy with emotion.
We spent the first 5 minutes of class in prayer for my sister and other workers around the world. It is so amazing to be able to pray with these students, who I know so little, yet we share this strong common bond. As they offered prayers for those they knew who have left home and family to work in other contries and cultures, I was rejoicing for their hearts and for the amazing work these workers do. My students are all future teachers, many of them desire to teach overseas... I could sense the passion in their hearts. I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach in this environment, that reminds me of God's truth, and I am a grateful for the opportunity to meet students who have such a passion for God and for touching the lives of chilren.
No comments:
Post a Comment