Sunday, January 31, 2010

Psalm 137:4... for yesterday

"How shall we sing the Lord's song in a foreign land?"

This psalm is a little strange, and ends on a really terrible note, but I was really struck by this verse. We are in a foreign land, and it does seem impossible to "sing the Lord's song". I am often struck by the differences between my beliefs and the world's... they are so different than me, they have such different standards. Also, Christianity, belief in God, is so often portrayed in such a negative light. This seems impossible... impossible seems to be the answer to this question.

I want to spend more time, effort, and prayer considering this very question... because there is an answer. There is a way to sing the Lord's song in this foreign land. God is an all-powerful God and will answer this question... He will one day sing his song, and all the world will know that He is Lord!!!

No comments: