What a comfort that, though our enemies rise up against us, they will not prevail. We know the End, with a capital "E".
I am studying Romans 11 right now, and I was meditating on how Paul talks about the beginning, middle, and end of God's plan for Israel. The entire Bible points to the "End"... yes, there are applications for temporary "ends" along the way... but the final ultimate "End" is what counts. No matter how terrible and hard life seems... there is always an end... and ultimately... an End. They... all the wickedness and evil that we see... will one day END with Our Great and Sovereign Lord's Victory!!! What hope that gives me!!!
I can't resist adding a few verses from Romans...
Romans 5:3-5 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance... character... hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
Romans 8:18, 24a For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing to the glory that is to be revealed to us... For in the hope we were saved.
Romans 11:33, 36 Oh the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!... For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
Amen!!
1 comment:
Brenda:
Glad you are back. I will join with you.
You are in the Song of Ascents. These are what were sung on the way to Jerusalem for passover.
Poppy Avery
Post a Comment