Thursday, January 21, 2010

Psalm 128:1-2

Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways!
this is what God wants for us... to experience the blessing that comes from walking in His ways...
You shall eat of the fruit of the labor of your hands;
Life is hard work... and God wants me to enjoy the fruit of that hard work. So often I finish one task and am on to the next, without enjoying the "fruit"...
you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you.

I am so glad that I serve a God that desires me to live a life that is blessed. This blessing is a result of work and labor... this hope encourages me as I struggle to walk in the spirit and refuse to listen to the temptations of losing my temper, being lazy, or getting discouraged when I see so much left undone.

I pray that I will turn my gaze on the Lord, receive his blessing, labor, fear Him, and walk in His ways.


No comments: