...to keep up my new discipline of daily blogging!!
We had a guest speaker at church today... I wanted to give you the two minute version of what he shared.
"How does God transform us?"
1. Mentors/friends
2. Trials
3. His Word
See 2 Timothy for examples of this. Then the challenge... "Are you being transformed? Are you different this year than last?" If no, then check these three areas...
1. Are you avoiding/distancing yourself from mentors/friends?
2. Are you discontented with your circumstances (trials) instead of understanding that they can transform you?
3. Are you disconnected from God's word? Not really studying/reading?
This, of course, is extremely abbreviated... but thought I would share these thoughts to stimulate yours.
One more idea I really found interesting... God's word is described as cleansing. Hopefully, we all perform some sort of cleansing ritual on a daily basis... if not a shower everyday, then at least washing your hands and face and brushing your teeth. So, we need to have a "Spiritual Shower" everyday, to wash ourselves of the filth of the world. Hmm... interesting thought!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment