Friday, April 21, 2006

"Trust me"

I was grumpy this morning... I wanted to go running and Anna and Dillon were not very cooperative. So I took Anna to pre-school and then just Dillon and I went running. I was very grumpy and not sure if I should run or do something else... clean or bills... something boring. I also love spending time with just Dillon.

So, I went running, and felt so much better!!! In the quiet of running I was able to release my frustrations, pray, and to once again "enjoy the story". Sometimes I wonder how I can enjoy this story God has written for me today, when I don't really like it a whole lot. I am glad that we serve a God who will listen to my frustrations, and then gently encourage me. Today it was... "Your children struggle with understanding that you love them even though you cannot or will not give them everything they want. You too are struggling right now. Yet that is ok, just like you will still love your children, and hope that they will one day understand, I still love you and know that you will one day understand. Trust me."

Thanks God!!!

No comments: