Proper planning prevents poor performance.
How many times have you heard this, or this idea expressed? I used to think this meant that my planning would result in life working out according to my plan. I am finally getting the hint... that is not how life works!!!
I now am beginning to understand that performance does not always equal my plan. A true performer reacts to and works with their audience. A teacher will respond to the needs of her students. A parent responds to the needs of her children. What does this require? Flexibility, an ability to bend and react to the circumstances. When I am not flexible, I break. Thankfully, I am maturing in this area!!! Praise God!!!
So... what is this all about???
My Plan: A fun little party for Dillon for his third birthday, followed by a relaxing Easter dinner with friends.
Life? Sick and grumpy kids with fevers for a week, reducing Dillon's party to immediate family only (thankfully he has a sister!!), and our Easter dinner began with a trip to the park followed Claim Jumper's frozen dinners!!!
Oh well, the weekend was still fun, and I was able to work on Anna's Easter dress. It was not finished by Sunday... but is now!! Yipee!!! The amazing thing is that, although I was disappointed that we didn't get to really party, the day was still fun and unspoiled by any excessive pouting by the mommy that planned the party. Pictures will be posted soon... hopefully today!!!!
Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment