Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Psalm 144:1-2

If at first you don't succeed... try and try again!!

So... forgive the hiatus, and allow me to begin again!!!

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
who trains my hands for war,
and my fingers for battle;
he is my steadfast love and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield and he in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me."

This is a Psalm of war, a prayer for deliverance, equipping for battle, and strength. War is what David was trained for. I need training for strength in my daily routine of homework, reading, piano practice, math facts practice... etc. All this while getting a yummy, or at least edible, meal on the table!!!

So today I want to recognize that I see my prayers for training for this battle are beginning to be answered. While some days are better than others, overall I think my percentage of good days is much higher than last year. Praise God for continuing to train me to be more like Him!!!

No comments: