Beyond this constant ache, someone is always sick. This requires up to 6 different medications and inhalers a day, definitely a hard sell on a good day and especially hard when the patient is not feeling well.
So, life is a bit of a challenge, for this girl who loves routine and predictability. Flexibility is a quality I long to have. So my heart's cry is perseverance. I am in the middle of our study of Joshua, and learning that while the battle may be won, there is still a war to be fought. I must continue to battle, and know that God is fighting this battle, He promises His presence, and He keeps His promises. As this story is told and re-told in the book of Joshua, I am slowly beginning to understand what that really means.
Yet January does bring the hope of a New Year. I love that. I have made a list of traditional Resolutions, which I have not kept, but I am ok with that. I like having a target to aim for.
February has included the fun of Valentine's day, I love celebrating loving my family!! We mailed off our Valentines a little late this year, but we did it!!! I celebrate all victories!!!
The other bright spots that shine against this backdrop of sorrow are my precious children and their funny antics.
-Just today Anna was relishing that she got the last tortilla left. "I got the last one!" was her joyful cry!! Todd asked for a small piece and she generously says "sure", tearing off a pea-sized piece, just as directed!!!
-Dillon insists on calling a famous clothing store "Old Lady".
-He also calls his bedroom "dea-droom"... which sounds like "dead-room"!! =)
And, the best for last... Anna is reading!!! This process is requiring quite a bit of patience, which God continually provides, yet what a joy!! Tonight she read some words from the Bible!!! I love it!!!
Time permits me of sharing all the other funny stories and times of struggle. With Dillon and Anna being sick, Biola starting up again, and the increased time required for working with Anna on her reading, sight words, and homework, I made the difficult choice to give up blogging for a while. I am hoping now, with their recovery in sight, I will be able to begin again!!! Who knows!!! It is a good thing that I am learning to be flexible!!!
I will end tonight with a few fun pictures, enjoy!!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Thanks for the Valentine's gift Grammy and Poppy!!

1 comment:
I understand your troubles. My mom died in February, so I too am just finally coming out of it. Its also hard around here with the weather being so dreary this time of year.
People want to know how you are doing...but how do you sum that up in a sentence in the church foyer when I myself don't know how I'm doing?
Hugs!
Post a Comment