Friday, November 03, 2006

They are right about kindergarten!!!

We spent 45 minutes with Anna's teacher on Friday, and not once did she mention anything about her behavior!! It was all about... these are the results of Anna's testing, this is what she has been learning, this is what she will be learning. So academic!! I really feel that her teacher does a great job of incorporating all the standards into fun and engaging projects, and I am very thankful for that. Yet still, it does feel like a lot to expect out of a 5 year old.

Now she is starting to memorize sight words... it is requiring quite a bit of creativity to figure out how to present that in an engaging way to Anna... she does not enjoy simply flipping through flash cards!! I am wishing that I had taken a few elementary ed. classes along with my secondary ed. program at Biola!!! So, we are busy playing sight-word memory, and today I helped her write a story using her sight words. I feel like I am home-schooling her!!! We are having fun with it, and I am so glad I have friends who teach... they offer a great perspective and great ideas. Thanks guys!!!

Here is her book.

No comments: