Monday, November 06, 2006

Silence

I sit down to write, and I am met with silence. Today I have been tired... life just seems too much sometimes. Our church occasionally organizes a "soul care" day. That is what I need now. I guess I will have to settle for a soul care moment... maybe an hour, instead of an entire day. Silence is so refreshing... so I will sit here and pray, and think.

I am reminded of an illustration I heard yesterday. We are too often stuck in a digital world, the time right now is 8:46. God sees time as a clock, he sees life 5 minutes ago, 5 minutes from now... It is an interesting thought... do I get too caught up in the moment... too worried about how I feel right now... too burdened with all the things I want to accomplish right now??? Those things will get done, maybe it will take longer than I would like... but that is ok. And, above all else, God sees, He knows, and He provides the strength for what is now 8:49, and will provide the strength for the next 5 minutes, the next 5 years, and then next 50 years....

Hmmmmmm....................

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

No comments: