" But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy,
and spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may exult in you.
This past Sunday I was witness to the power of God, and I am amazed. Simply amazed. After preaching on Matthew 25: 31-46, our pastor stepped aside and invited 40 men, women, and children, to give their "cardboard testimonies" of how God had intervened in their life, how their simple-yet-often-difficult act of placing their faith in Him had changed their life. A "cardboard testimony" is a simple phrase written on one side of a piece of cardboard, explaining what you were like before. On the other side you write what you are now like, as a result of God's intervention in you life, after having placed your faith in Him alone.
May we take refuge in God, may we rejoice, and may we exult in the Lord!!
Wow... how easily I stray and "take refuge" in other things... in seeing my plans fulfilled, my children doing what I want... etc. I pray that I will take refuge in God.
I love the promise that we will rejoice and that we will be protected!!!
Exult in the Lord today!!! Be the one who takes refuge in God and who loves His name!!
1 comment:
Brenda:
Keep up the good work you are doing.
Poppy
Post a Comment