Friday, November 06, 2009

Dealing with the end of the to-do list and clutter...

So I took the day off. I have committed to help out in A & D's classrooms on Fridays. Today it was too much for me to handle. The clutter in my house and my never-ending to-do list has caught up with me and I am a bit of a stressed-out-not-very-patient mom. So, I took the day off.

I am happy to say that the house is now cleaner, and I finally finished a project I had begun in Decmber 2007... yes, 2007... that is not a typo!!! That project was sadly clinging to the end of my list... along with at least 10 other things... and I am working toward completing these things. Yet they are not crucial, and thus are moved to the "leave until tomorrow list".

As I turn my "wanting to finish things" energy to tackling the clutter in my home, I am struck with the thought... what about the clutter in my soul? Those things that I haven't wanted to think about, to deal with... that I have put off until I have time and space to think about. Maybe that is also what is really causing my lack of patience and my short fuse? I am convicted by the need to declutter my soul, to journal, to pray through different areas of my life, to once again surrender my will to the will of My Father. Maybe that will help restore peace, peace in me and peace in my home.

Take time with me today to create space, to declutter your soul. And if you see me, ask me if I did it. Ask me if I de-cluttered my soul.

No comments: