Wednesday, December 03, 2008

#13 Monday was a good day because...

...it is finally December!!! I love December, my birthday month, the month that we celebrate Jesus' birthday, the month we always have vacation and get to spend time with family, the month when everyone is just a bit nicer and more joyful. I have always loved December.

Of course, our December began with sickness and grumpy kids. Monday was supposed to be my day of solitude, a day to relax, reflect on our year, and begin our Christmas letter. Well, Anna had an ear ache, fever and "digestive issues", and Dillon.... well.... let's just say he needed one more day of vacation and an understanding mom. It was hard to let go of my Monday, my first day of December, and seek to be a servant to my children. God eventually brought me to this place of surrender, and I began to see what I could be thankful for.

Now I am glad that they are on the road to recovery, praying that Todd will get better too, and hoping to stay in this place of having a servant's heart for my family.

I also changed a few plans so I could have a day of solitude today... yippee!!! I am learning to say no to good things.... for the good of my family and for my sanity!! This is a hard lesson to learn, I enjoy social events, but I want to be a nice mom and wife too... which is way more important!!!

I am so thankful for God's patience and grace as He teaches me more like Him. I love this verse and have been praying it for myself and my daughter. May you too be pleasing in His sight, for His glory!!!

"Now, may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."
Hebrews 13:20-21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda:

A good lesson we should all learn.

PS:

What happened to 12?

Love, Poppy