So, what does teaching look like? Maybe we need a few practice sessions. Obedience boot camp, so to say. Maybe we need to have "get out of the house in under 5 minutes" drills, or "clean up the toys in 10 minutes" drills... where, on a day when we have no where to be... we can practice these things. Maybe I should sometimes create an unfair situation between Anna and Dillon, so that they can learn to respond appropriately... with an obedient heart.
The key is that I can control my teaching.... I can orchestrate moments to teach them these things. I cannot control how they respond, whether it takes 1, 2, or 50 "drills" to learn these skills. When I am in a good mood and make it fun... it works way better than when one or all of us are grumpy and pressed for time... usually because of poor planning on my part.
So, here's to teaching with a happy heart, making obedience a fun time, giving glory to our great and Amazing God!!!
And... a few fun pics.... just as a preview of coming attractions!!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment