Once again, fatigue prevents me from writing a lot. I just wanted to give you this one thought this evening. I started running again, yay!! It is hard to start back up again, not being at all where I wanted to be. I decided I would start, at least. What is exciting is that, if I keep up this discipline, then I will be able to do something (run farther, longer,with less fatigue) that I cannot do now!! As I run my route, I know that in a few weeks, I will run it faster and feel better!! And that gives me hope... not just in running, but in life too. I catch myself wondering how I can possibly parent a teenager... if I can barely handle the "keep-your-room-clean" and "do a good job of eating at the table now, so that you won't be hungry later" stage!!! Yet, I really feel that, in part, the same principle applies. If I keep up the discipline of consistently and calmly parenting Anna and Dillon, I will eventually be able to do what seems impossible now... parent them when I am working on the "get home by midnight, tell me where you are going and who you will be with and no dating until you are ready to think about marriage" stage. Yikes!!!
Of course, as is the case now, all my parenting is accomplished through relying on God's strength and wisdom, and by saying I can "do" parenting, I merely mean I have learned how to be the vehicle through which God can parent my children, I will better at letting go of the results, and giving those to God, and focus on glorifying Him in how I parent Anna and Dillon.
Hopefully you will catch a bit of this convoluted rambling... I did warn you I was tired and busy, as usual!!! =)
Thanks for listening!!!
1 comment:
Congrats on running again. Keep it up. I totally know what you mean about it being hard to get back into it, but you can do it. Don't push yourself to hard, just get out there and do it, even if it is only a short run. Just getting up and going is an accomplishment.
Post a Comment