Sunday, August 06, 2006

So that is where I have been....

...dashing around Beaverton, going to every Michales, Party City and fabric store. I wanted to give Rebecca and Troy the perfect wedding!!! It was great to meet Troy. He is so friendly and gentle. He is very humble about the abilities and talents that God has gifted him with. He loved playing with Anna and Dillon and they loved their Uncle Troy!! =) =) We cherished the time to spend with them, observing he and my sister as a couple... which was more natural than I expected, considering I had previously only seen pictures and heard my sister's stories!!! Time with family was so short and wedding details often felt overwhelming... yet everything went as planned and was wonderful!!!

We loved speding time with family and friends that flew in from Texas, California, Seattle and Minnesota. Such a party!!! 16 people stayed at my parent's house the last few days before the celebration!! Dinner with 23 on Thursday, what fun!! (pictures will appear later)

We missed Daddy, but God faithfully supplied the patience neccessary for caring for two children in a different environment for two weeks... praise God!!!

We planned a beautiful shower that gave glory to God for how He has worked in my sister' s life, and heard testimony of God's character revealed in both Rebecca and Troy... He is so Good!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun for Anna and Dillon to have so much love from so many relatives. Your blog explains why I had a hard time getting ahold of "my kids". God bless your sis and Troy on this new Godly adventure. See you soon, love Marty

Anonymous said...

...I mean Uncle Todd

AllyZabba said...

That is wonderful! I can't wait to hear all the details!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to update your end-of-July shenanigans? I hope your family heard the message I left on your parents' answering machine. Oh how I wanted to be there, even though I'm not an Avery. I'm so happy for all of you. What a blessing from the Lord.