Saturday, November 12, 2005

Anna at the "Pumpkin Patch"

"Pumpkin Patch", part two... So when we, with Grammy and Poppy, took Anna and Dillon to the "pumpkin patch" together, Dillon, at least, went with Anna into the petting zoo. We still could not get him to go in the bouncer, however. My cautious son!!! =)

Anna, however, is the opposite of cautious. I wish I had a picture, though it would not do the story justice. Without even considering her options, she asked to go on the first inflatable slide she saw. It was a shark slide, with steps that ascended to a dizzing height.

This is the story... She scrambles up the stairs, it takes what seems like a few minutes, then pauses momentarily.
"Anna, come on!"

As she zooms down the slide with a terrified look on her face, she tumbles over at the last instant. "That was a little scary".
"Do you want to go again??"
Anna lookes a little hesitant.
The ride operator looks at me... "You can go with her".
"OK", I think, "how bad can it be? Two trips down were already paid for... we have to go again!!"
So I climb up with her. As we reach the top, and sit down, my heart is beating fast.
"I do not want to do this!!"
I am amazed Anna actually went down the first time!!! So, we go down together, faster than I am comfortable with. I will not be on something like this for a very long time!!!

Anna loved the ponies, too, see her delight!!! Thanks Grammy and Poppy!!!

No comments: